Cheesy Bread RecipeIngredients
• 8 oz shredded Mozzarella cheese
• 1 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese
• 1/2 to 1 cup chopped green onion (to taste)
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 2 Tbsp sour cream (optional)
• 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup, 4 ounces), softened to the point of being slightly melted
• 1 to 2 loaves of French or Italian bread, depending on the size of the loavesMethod
- In a large bowl, mix together the cheeses and the green onion. Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream. In a separate small bowl blend the butter and garlic until smooth. Add the butter mixture to the cheese mixture.
- Preheat broiler. Slice loaf of bread in half horizontally, lay crust side down. Spread cheese mixture over the bread. Place under the broiler until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from broiler and let sit for 5 minutes until cool enough to handle. Slice the bread with a bread knife. Serve.
Chicken/Paneer Tikka MasalaIngredients
Boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs – 1 lb, cut to bite size pieces
Paneer – 14oz block, cut into 1” cubesMarinade
• Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
• Red Chili Powder – to taste
• Salt – to taste
• Yogurt – 1/2 cup
• Ginger & Garlic Paste – 4 tsp
• Tandoori Masala – 2 tsp
• Green Chilies – to taste, minced
• Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
• Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
• Oil – 1 tbspMethod:
- Chicken – wash, clean and cut to bite size pieces. Paneer – Cut to bite size pieces.
- Put the Chicken/Paneer in a bowl and add lemon juice to it.
- Allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a zip lock. Mix well.
- Check for salt and other spices.
- Add Chicken/Paneer to the marinade and mix well.
- Let the Chicken/Paneer marinate for 4-5 hours in the refrigerator.
- Thread the Chicken/Paneer on pre-soaked bamboo skewers.Broil the Chicken/Paneer in the oven on high.
- Cook the Chicken for 10 minutes on each side and the Paneer 10 minutes one side and 7 minutes on the other…or till the Chicken/Paneer are slightly brown.
- Once fully cooked, remove from the oven and garnish with onions and lemon wedges and serve with Mint Chutney.
• The Paneer and the Tandoori Masala can be made at home or can bought at any Indian grocery store.
• This recipe works very well for the barbeque as well as to makes for great appetizers and snacks.
• Every oven is different and varies. so do keep an eye on the Chicken/Paneer, so it does not burn.
• We prefer mixing and marinating the Paneer in a bowl, as it is very soft and can break very easily.